There is no place like home

Dear Flipping Grand Bahamians… or Flip-portians… (I'll work on the name…)
Hello my name is Alishia Duncanson and I am the Founder and CEO of Flint Stone Inc
 I have been blessed to have “travelled” for the last 15 years visiting home somewhat regularly.
 When I left I understood why the other islands thought we were better than them, our planned city was on the path of success and our population had a strong “middle class”. With money to spend we filled our private schools, enjoyed entertainment, took pride in our homes and had safe streets.
 But more recently each time I returned something else had… fallen away… I worried there would soon be no home to return to, so I decided to “re-grow” my roots and pitch in.
Having assessed my SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats), “Flint Stone Inc” was born as a means of turning a problem into an opportunity.
I met people regularly throughout life with similar problems “I need money to start a business”, “How do I advertise my idea”, “I cant afford to go to school”  and so to help I researched possible solutions.
 And although I studied art ,I am somewhat of a business junky… Or more of a information junky and my strengths include my ability to research and share information.
 So with a website slowly growing in the background, I really wanted to meet more of the Small Business owners and Entrepreneurs in Grand Bahama.
 Our events are made to help and encourage business-to-business relationships and share useful information as we invite guests to speak at each event offering business tips and advice.
 We want all persons in business, thinking about being in business and want a business but not sure what you want to do, to come out and be apart of our community.
 We look forward to seeing you all at our next event July 2nd at the Pelican Bay Hotel, where we will have Mr Alexander Williams speaking about business opportunities available in Grand Bahama, not just Freeport. Registration begins at 5:30pm and the attire is Business casual so feel free to run straight from work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeport in the 70's and 80's.

"Bend or Break speech"

A pictorial look at Freeport 1950-1960s